- Do you know the difference between a subject and a topic?
- Do you know how to write the main idea for your essay?
- Do you know how to interpret a literary genre, such as a short story, a play, a poem, a novel, and even a film?
- Can you use the proper literary terms to analyze character, plot and point of view?
- How about setting, style and theme?
- Are you able to do a film analysis using literary terms as well as audiovisual elements?
You will learn through snappy, informative videos and accompanying transcripts, a helpful quiz, a useful self-assessment, and a writing activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is for teachers or learners if you:
- Teach or study academic writing at high-intermediate or an advanced level.
- Are teaching or learning critical essay writing for the first time.
- Have taught academic writing before and want to save time lesson planning.
- Are motivated and want to learn at your own pace.
- Are comfortable with online teaching and learning tools.
This is NOT for teachers or learners if you:
- Teach or study low-level academic writing.
- Are uncomfortable with online materials.
- Just want to have fun.